Sunday, January 25, 2009

Monkey Thru the Hard Times!

Meet Mr. Sock Monkey! Before my throat surgery (it has an actual name, "Subglottic Stenosis" =/ but I just like to call it my throat thing) my Mom, Kelsie and Amy gave me a sock monkey and I love it. He slept with me in the hospital that night and every night since. I have always slept with stuffed animals (I know kinda cheesy) and sock monkey is the one right now. I think our family has a thing with monkeys and hard times. When my mom was little and got in trouble for writing on the walls (the only time she says she's been in trouble =/....Grandma could hear her in her room saying "I wish you were alive monkey!" A white monkey was by Grandma Junes side for her open heart surgery and when I left for Minnesota Mom sent a brown monkey with me so I wouldn't get home sick. Monkeys just know how to heal and cuddle I guess, so thanks guys for my monkey and for being there for me. My throat is looking pretty good. This past week I began student teaching and I lost my voice, again! Only for a couple days this time but I went in for them to scope me (tube down my nose and throat, not so pleasant)and they say every thing is looking A-okay. The only bummer is that he seems pretty confident that it will come back...but hey Doc's have been wrong before, so we will just think positive. I wanted everyone to also be praying for David's Uncle Cliff...he has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and is just taking it day by day. If any of you want to know more about his story just go to www.caringbridge.org/visit/cliffhollingworth (you can click on "Uncle Cliff" under 'My Links' as well). We need a miracle and lots of prayers for God to heal him. Maybe a monkey would be good for him too, now that I think of it! David is doing well with Federated...one of his good buddies got hired in the territory right near us, so he is pretty excited to share work with him. If David meets his selling goals...the all expense paid trip to Australia for Chairman's Counsel would be in the following year! So he is going to sell, sell, sell! Well I hope everyone is doing good, Kelsie is still wobbling and it looks like my Aquarius onesie is going to work out! I will post more about my student teaching,all I can say right now is 1st graders say the darnedest things and have tons to tattle about ;), but they sure are cute! Member if anyone is going through a rough time...maybe a little monkey will do =)!

2 comments:

Lee said...

That was a cute post! Monkeys ALWAYS help! :) Uncle Cliff is in our prayers for sure! (and David and his family too!) We love you guys!

Love,
Ricky and Kelsie

p.s. hopefully next year you two monkeys will be posting pictures of your trip to Australia ;)

Unknown said...

I love the monkeys. So glad you are doing better and congratulations on becoming an aunt.
David's uncle has been in our prayers as well as all of you. We love and miss you bunches