Anything can be is right. It looks like David and I are onto our newest journey....a baby! We had been thinking we might want to start 'trying' this summer...we are I am never too quick with making decisions but did know that we wanted to wait until after our upcoming trip to Cabo in June. Apparently semi not trying in May sends conflicting signals and makes decisions for us in which case that did the trick ;). God always does seem to laugh at 'our plans'! Nonetheless we are excited for this tiny human and it's tiny things to join our world and turn it upside down in the most wonderful way possible.
We found out in late May and I told David on his birthday weekend by wrapping up the two onesies (bulldog=him /glasses=me) for him to open as his gift. He was super excited and cannot wait until I get my bump. I have always LOVED onesies and will most likely have drawers full 'em. We also told my mom, Kelsie and Ricky that evening too since we had plans to go to Hangar 24 and celebrate David! They would for sure be guessing if they saw me not having a beer....I rarely ever never turn down a beer...until now that is. Amy and the rest of the family were told in the next few days. And since secrets in the family seem to last as long as mom's homemade sour cream lemon pie, we (my mom) then told more family and friends!! So it may be early to tell the news in some peoples books but I tend to like writing my own book.
I got this questionnaire off a blog that I read and figured I would try to track some things during the pregnancy to look back on. We will see how good or bad I am at following through on this. My guess is that I will do awesome this summer and then when school starts thats a whole other ball game =/. But, I will give it my best shot.
How far along? 6 weeks 4 days (this is my guess, I have yet to see my doc for expected due date)
Total weight gain/loss: 0 (starting at 136lbs- I never weigh myself unless at a doc's office so this should be interesting)
Maternity clothes? none
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: In the late afternoon I get pretty tired (I LOVE naps so WIN WIN), having trouble sleeping in the nights though
Best moment this week: telling David the news on his birthday and him being over the moon! Also, telling our family and friends we are expecting and the range of excitement that comes with!
Have you told family and friends: Yes, over handmade scratchers, coffee doodles, insta pics and face-time (cheersing with apple cider (me) and wine (nikki)! =)
Miss Anything? a cold one after yard work or sipping on my wine in the evenings.
Movement: No
Food cravings: green smoothies and tomatoes from our garden. I am a foodie though so not sure this is a 'craving'
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Have you started to show yet: A little bump (I can tell!) - I've had a bigger bump after thanksgiving dinners though ;)
Gender prediction: ??? I am not sure I want to know, David does want to find out..... Chinese Calendar says girl. (but Auntie Sue made sure to remind me 'what do the Chinese know anyway';) !?!)
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In (Dear Lord, keep it IN...I am weird about my belly button)
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy...it's summer and I am pregnant! (which is a really strange word since I have heard it so much in the last month (Amy knows my pet peeve on this by now)...you know when you say a word like bathtub over and over and then your like.....bathtub? what in the hell!)
Weekly Wisdom: I have never been much of a green thumb but now I am growing a person!!!...Good thing God's got this!
Looking forward to: Enjoying the Cabo SUN and sipping virgin margs! Also, trying to get use to the attention that comes with the whole shenanigans of being pregnant (I'd rather be in the crowd, then be in the show).
Nicknames so far: Our tiny human friend. Amy's name is 'our person'. Karly's name is "Ladybug" =). We've been catching up on Big Bang Theory so 'Bazinga' is fitting right now. The word is used by Sheldon when someone falls for his pranks! This baby is only the size of a blueberry now and is sure pulling Bazingas left and right. Prank number 1: announcing your arrival one month prior to our Cabo trip...so close ;)
![]() |
| 4 weeks: tiny human friend is the size of a lemon seed |
5 weeks: tiny human friend is the size of a sweet pea
So Baby Bazinga- Our Tiny Human Friend- Little Ladybug Person,
Ready or not, we have just made you and you are already our favorite!
Love, US!





2 comments:
Woot woot! This baby is going to be sooooo loved. I was just thinking this morning about this little person and how he/she has been held in God's hand, Grandma and Grandpa's, David's Uncle Cliff and all those angels in heaven, before being sent to your belly. So excited for you guys! God does like to laugh at our plans. If there hadn't been this snowmobile trip and my lax approach to birth control that month we would not have a Mason or even kids yet. It is hard for us planners but I think God knows that and is helping us to learn to "go with the flow." You guys are going to be some fantabulous parents and I can't wait to share in that. The moment you meet baby face to face is something I could re-live every day, can't wait for you to experience that too. You my dear cousin are going to be one beautiful pregnant lady. We will all love signing to that adorable bump at Christmas time and yes I will drink your share of wine but just because I know you would do the same for me:-) this is going to be a wonderful journey that we are so excited to share with you. love the questions too,nyou will like looking back because time has a way of making things fuzzy,
Congratulations Kate and David. We love you.
ok... started crying just reading Micah's first few sentences. But while I was pregnant, I always had visions of Grandma June holding those sweet babies in her arms and singing to them before God was ready to send them to us. I am over the moon excited for you guys and know that you two are going to make the most amazing parents. And also excited that the girls will have their first little 'first cousin' from our family here soon. We love you two so much, you know that, and you also know that despite how much work kids are... it is the BEST thing that has ever happened to Ricky and I, and for those we love the most... we only wish for the BEST. So happy for you two to experience it.
ps... love the questions. Such a great idea! You will enjoy looking back at that!
Post a Comment