It all started with three little samples of inspiration and two heads working together.
major GOLD that had to GO! Our bathroom before.
A few other dislikes on our list were: tile on counter tops which are never too fun to keep clean, only one sink in both bathrooms, sinks that are top mount, very smallish square tiles, and did I mention gold? The bathrooms really weren't awful but they are a project we were excited to do and took on the challenge!
Demo began and David and I had the place torn down in a few hours.
tearing things apart is a great stress reliever, however I was still in summer here so no stress at that time =)
David was very much in his element. Boys and destruction go hand in hand I think.
The tile part was pretty fun for the first half of the wall...but music and gloves were needed to help us pull through with the rest.
David and I pieced everything together ourselves. The mirrors we had made in Temecula, which I LOVE, are made from pine.
The tiles we picked were inspired by the subway tile look. We wanted to go with a classic, timeless look with a bit of interest. The majority of the shower is done in larger subway travertine stone. The soap box which we were told by many a contractor, should be the same tile as the rest of the shower to 'blend' in, however I have always been a bit different and I get what I want ;). I like the 'bit of difference' it brings.
Kohler fixtures in oil rubbed bronze.
Granite couter tops with a square edge finish and rectangular sink basins. We extended the 'grey' subway tile around the backsplash to carry through that different element. Two sinks and two beautiful mirrors to top it off.
The previous gold shower door was replaced with a frameless glass one.
David put together all the planning and ordering of all the supplies to save us money. He did such an awesome job. Renovation is a crazy process even just for one bathroom, we are preparing to start the master bath soon.... It is well worth it and we love that our vision turned out the way we created it in our minds. Our motto was always, 'the hiccups just give it character'......and of course......
here's to changes.









2 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE how the bathroom turned out! Love the font on that keep it simple, if you know what I mean =) and LOOOOVVVEEE that last picture!
Oh ya and Love all you YOU's!
Beautifully done! No more gold. Love the new design palette and simple is the only way in my opinion. Love the family pic too! The fury boys are getting so big. Hope the fall is bringing good things and your class this year is being good to you! Thanks for all your sweet words to Max on FB, I love that God choose us to be his family. Love you.
Post a Comment