Friday, November 9, 2012

piece.of.work to master.piece.

I will let most of the pictures speak for themselves. David and I have loved the process of remodeling but we are glad it's all finished too! Here is the BEFORE....piece of work! 

one sink.

notice the sofits above the sinks, little bit 80's and they lower the look of the ceiling. 

there's that gold again. 




ummm. not pretty. and not to mention mold underneath this come to find out! 


And 
Then
THE
Master Piece came together!!!


double your pleasure. double your fun. double sinks in the master...duh! 

enlarged the shower space. 

we changed the faucet for the tub to come out from the wall, which bought us more shower space for  a bench. I love the element this brings. I have always wanted a claw foot tub with this type of faucet. The claw foot wasn't in the cards, but I won on this beauty. 

travertine tile. David and I had to drill into this to hang the towel racks...Measure twice (or four times for me) drill ONCE. We did it! 

Faucet LOVE! 

two shower heads with a hand shower side bar, rain heads on the ceiling and pebble stones for the flooring...oh so nice on the feet! 

The vanity area. I have yet to get a vanity stool...being that I have never sat to do my makeup in my LIFE....but maybe one day I will find one I like. We will see if I ever sit, I do like the idea of it though =) We fell in love the the oversized mirrors we had made that match the ones in the guest bath. 



 Showers in this thing are to die for. We now just need a bit bigger water heater because its nice to stay in the rain for awhile! 
Our one big mishap with this remodel was during demolition, when I had to be at work and couldn't help, David and a couple friends did the demo. I wanted to be there to help and to over see a couple things, (David is always excited to take things apart, quickly too). Instead of thinking it through to put a tarp up on the door that goes into the master bedroom, he left it open....and didn't think to open any windows =/. This left us with coming into the bedroom to a dust filled bedding, dresser, carpet and CLOSET  (yes, the closet door was left open too). You could pat the bed/ clothes and a cloud of dust filled the air. Oh the memories;) 

 Dust filled room or not I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love the things we do together. From the blessings of remodels that we are thankful for with each shower, to the dusty mistakes that remind us to laugh...we live it together. loving every moment. 

1 comment:

Lee said...

You two did such an amazing job on both of the bathrooms. They turned out amazing. I could stand on that pebble stone all day! Great job guys!

Love you both!