Sunday, August 29, 2010

How quickly things can change...

One week I am jazzercising it UP and the next thing you know I find myself lost and confused...things can change in a blink of an eye! These last couple weeks have been wild and crazy, to say the least! 
I will begin with the wild part...Jenna's 9th Birthday was a total 80's style flashback and we were not going to let that pass us by. 
We quickly got into 'character' with a trip to the thrift store and a bit of attitude to top it off. 
the many styles of the 80's 
BIG BANGS....and SCRUNCHED SOCKS! 
Can't forget the kicks.
Birthday girl looking so grown up! Talk about things changing quickly...I remember carrying Jenna out of her car seat for nap time! Happy 9th my BEST!!!! I love YOU so MUCH! 
A little JAZZ and DJ A-ME 
Workin' it!
Jenna girl knows how to hula hoop fur-sure. 
LOVE these kids. 
Owen is such a little swimmer! A few action shots!!! 
Now that we got our groove on...it was time to relax. 
A visit back to our wedding location made for a great day in wine country with David! 
LOVE it here. Our year is coming up quick!!!! Time flew by! 
A glass of wine while listening to our wedding music. Time stand still here please. 
This one is changing too quick! She said my name name this week! Kay-day!!!! Love this bug and ALL the new words she is attempting to say, TUR-DOL is my favorite. 

Now comes the crazy part.... After the days of 80's flashback, relaxing wine weekends and visiting my sweet niece...it came time for a nice kick in the butt. I was informed of a 'temporary teaching position' for a 5th grade class. "By the way, (they tell me) you have the weekend to set up a classroom, we have new curriculum that you've never seen before and we can let you go or keep you for as long as we want" =/ Of course I said, 'OKAY?!?' a job's a job right? 
Well, you know that feeling when you dream of being naked in front of a room full of people...that was me for 4 days before school started. Not eating, lots of tears and feeling completely LOST. However, thanks to my family, I have made it through week one. Thanks husband and Amy for letting me cry on your shoulders at lunch, and David for getting me flowers when I came home. Thanks mom for fixing dinner every stinkin' night cause I was M.I.A the whole week and for getting me a bunch of office goodies. Thanks Pat and Tracy for the support, planning, and fillers...I couldn't have done it without you guys! Thanks to Kels, Amy and David for helping to set up the classroom, it looks pretty good. WOW, I have such an awesome family! 

On top of that completely overwhelmed feeling, my Max was so sick the whole week. I had never seen him so down. He wouldn't eat, had a horrible cough and couldn't stand. This wasn't the time for him to leave me but him being 10 1/2 years old had me thinking he was just really really tired of it. 
 Everyday after work and stress I came home to sit with my baby and we sat and cried together.  it's what we both needed right at that time. just to be with eachother.
With each day of family checking on him while I was at work...he improved hour by hour. 
Just yesterday he was eating his grain (which he hasn't done since last Sat.), playing with Pilot girl (who never left his side the whole time he was sick) and pushed Copper dog out of the way=)! Back to his old self again. The vet fixed him up and his meds twice a day have him full of life again! I am so thankful on how quickly things can CHANGE!!!!!! 

2 comments:

Lee said...

Oh... you made me cry again!!! I nes LOVE that dog and YOU!!!! And boy did you both have a tough week... but look at how you both pulled through! I am so happy you and your Maxi Boy are so strong =) You know we will ALL be here for you both anytime you need... Happy teaching 5th grade (for as long as it may be =)

Love,
US

p.s. great pix of Jenna's Bday... LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

Oh Max we are so glad you are feeling better, we love you and your momma very much! Kate you are so right things can change in a moments time, you handle everything so beautifully. Love you!