Saturday, June 18, 2011

the end. of the beginning...

This school year has finally come to an end. My 5th graders were an awesome group of individuals...I was so proud of them on their promotion day and will miss the way they drove me crazy and made me laugh and smile in the same moment. 
In the beginning I taught to teach... 

This group was at the school before me that day =) 

My question man...

my sweet girls, that wanted me to go to 6th grade and teach them again =)

The whole gang. 31 to 1...they swamp me. At any moment they could have totally taken over through the year, but somehow I made it alive and they actually listened...well most the time. 
....And in the end I teach for them and only them. 
In the beginning, we had our doubts?!?...
Never witnessing her do homework in four years of high school was of concern but it's like Amy says, "she's a free spirit, it's like whatever who cares!!" Nes kidding Maym' we knew you had this...Amy finally made it to Senior Graduation!!! 



With our family in from Colorado we wanted to party hard and CELEBRATE, 
so of course we had to pull out the Converse.


Mom's baby girls.

Our 18 year old is growing up so fast, it brought tears to our eyes. 

You have to have a streaker during graduation, always!!! 'TUTE BUTT Mason!! 

the beginning of confusion...

...the end of worry.

Uncle Will was multitasking every second...Have you done this before?!? 

Family love!
brotherly love. 

Dad and Amy.

Amy reused my 2003 cap and gown. Come to find out that day, it was a bit different than the new 2011 ones...but hey it made her stand out =) 

Paulina and Danny saved our seats for us, since we are always late. I asked Paulina if it was tough saving them, she said "I only had to get chola on a few of them" =) ahaha, I love her!!!

a few of my favorites. 

here's a few more. K & M playing on the ipad. 

...And in the end, she made us proud!

In the beginning she thought, time to let go.....





txting with diploma in hand, ready to take on the world.

we knew Amy in the crowd by her shoes. 



...but in the end she knew to hold on.

In the beginning, we started with something nice and sweet....
















11 girls for the Class of 2011.











(the beginning of Amy's boobie crack...which I am guessing is the end of Alfonso and the green helicopter shirt.) (am I right Tracy?!? =)



...but in the end, we finished with something nice and smooth.

In the beginning there were plenty of family and friends...





Amy, you are stunningly spoiled ;)

...and in the end just love and hugs.
 In the beginning graduation week was coming up roses... 
but truth be told in the end, 9 of us family members, including the graduate, got the flu, 1 had bronchitis and a change of plans later; things got a bit crazy.) But Amy, it's like we always say...
"When a day starts like this it's all uphill from here.
Uphill? No, it's all downhill from here. 
But nobody wants to be down, everybody wants to be up. It's all uphill from here. 
But it's easier to go downhill. So you have no idea what the heck you are talking about."
...In the end, I say it all must mean good luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful and crazy trip, wouldn't change a minute...ok maybe the 12 hours of throwing up but other than that it was so fun to see all of you! Kate you are a blessing to all those young lives! Can't wait to see wait Mayme the free spirit does in this world. Love you!

Lee said...

That was my favorite post of all... so cute and crazy! You got so many great pictures throughout the night... felt like we re-lived it again! And your class is so cute, I know they drove you crazy at times, but I know you will always miss them... you'll never forget your first =) Yay for your house closing soon!!!

Love you!!!!