Sunday, January 24, 2010

Crazy California Weather

This week has been one crazy weather ride! It began with rain, rain and more rain....so needed in California, thank you lord for the buckets =)


Me, at our apartment! Lovin' the sound of drip drip drops...

Karly and I listened to the rain and drank coffee together on Thursday. Little thing wants to do everything I do....good thing it's a no spill ;)

Friday came with a change of pace...no more rain but SNOW! School/work was cancelled for us, and the boys were workers =( and Girls were PLAYERS =)!?! Sooo of course we all had to get suited up! Mom's get-up was best...cowboy boots with a total 80's themed jacket!

Kels was almost ready in her thermals

I had my comfy's on!

and Amy...well Amy was ready to go and was super EXCITED...

No school, SNOW, Friday...BLAAAHHHH

and she's done ;)

Our views for the weekend...ahhhh. There's something about peaceful white snow!

UGG's are much needed

The trees were looking their best

The boys finally got to play on Saturday...we went sleding, built a snowman, ate mom's awesome blueberry pancakes and went for a truck ride to the top of the hill. Ricky felt like a kid again riding in the back of David's truck...(his words not mine ;D)

David taking us for a snow ride...

......a brisk snow ride =)

Towards the end of the crazy weather week the dance moves came out ;)....

And we celebrated a winter wonderland in California. We love whenever we get a taste of winter and are always sure to take in every last morsel of it. When you have sore necks, aching backs, too much hot chocolate, pouffy jackets pulled from the closets, ziploc's inside your sneakers (Tracy =), and every last bit of firewood gone.....you know it snowed in California! LOVE IT!


2 comments:

Lee said...

Great pictures! I laugh every time I look at the pictures of Amy jumping in the snow.... hahahaha... cracks me up!!! If we had this much fun with a day of snow... just think of how fun Mammoth is gonna be!!! AWOOHOO!!! LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I tell people it snows in So Cally where my family lives and they do not believe me. I love where you guys live! Ya for snow days! Love you!