David picked the place for our mini-honeymoon, somewhere near our wedding site where we could relax for the weekend and unwind after the long time of planning and the whirlwind of the wedding. South Coast Winery was the place and we loved every minute of it, David and his good choices...I can never go wrong=).
When we arrived to the room the night of the wedding, it was filled with lit candels, rose petals on the bed and a basket of goodies from our Colorado family. It was so beautiful and sweet!
A center piece from our wedding stayed with us for the weekend....just my colors.
Have to have the fireplace on (along with the AC =), just for a bit, even if we're in September in California....sets the honeymoon mood!!
Our room was a villa where we had our own beautiful space. Vineyards surrounded us and the views were great.
David knows his wife well =) to have chocolate covered strawberries awaiting us on our wedding night. I tired to take a picture to look like the whole plate was untouched but the other side is actually already finished off, guess I think of my sweet tooth before the camera!
David also knows that telling his wife about his next surprise would have two reactions....Hot Air Balloon Ride...."AWOOHOO, how exciting"!!.....(at 5:30 in the morning) "What?!?" This is me at 5:30AM on day 3 of our honeymoon, trying to get those contacts working that early.
Being up that early in the morning takes a bit to get out of bed, but we loved it and it was so peaceful. This is another groups balloon getting ready.
How lucky is this home....sunrise front row seats for watching Hot Air Balloons take off. I'll take that and a cup of coffee on the weekends =)
Ours is getting ready!!! It took all I had to not run through the middle of it saying, "I'm married, I'm married....AWOOHOO!" ;)
Three more look like they are almost there. I don't know why theirs says "IN ...San Diego", don't they know their in Temecula =)
Here's us finally aboard...There were 11 people in our balloon. We were served a mimosa before liftoff, yum. One group was celebrating a 40th birthday 'hence the Happy Birthday sign' and on the other side of the balloon was "Congrats" for us being newly weds =)
South Coast Winery from above! We are the 16th villa from the left......just kidding, like I would know that, I have no clue!
Our captain took us, at one point, right over the orange and grapefruit groves. The smell of citrus was to die for...if you've ever been on Soaring Over California at Disneyland...it was just like it. Except we were floating over California =)
What was really cool is we floated over our wedding site at Lake Oak Meadows...it's right in the center of the photo where you can see the water!!! Too cool.
Deflating was pretty cool. They let the top out so all the hot air will rise and then the balloon comes crashing down on the basket full of people...not really, it did a bit and then they controlled it to fall to the side ;)
Pool time! The pool is right outside of the Spa area where David and I had our first couples massage. SCW's spa is pretty fancy..and relaxing. So needed after dancing on my beautiful blue heels!
Learning how to drink and smell the wine the right way!?!
Picking some yummy grapes outside our room. I made David a shirt for the wedding too, "Bride's Boy....I push buttons" he's a good sport ;)
Back home....we caught up on football (of course), opened presents sooo fun and watched the wedding video!






















2 comments:
WOW!!! I would say that is a GREAT start to your marriage:) David is such a good sport with his shirt you made him.... that cracks me up! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
OH MAN!!! I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS! That place looks amazing! Tell David to have a little "birdie" tell Pat that a venture like that would make an AMAZING birthday or anniversary, or Mother's Day--I'll take WHATEVER:). The pictures were beautiful. David knows you well, and I am SO thankful that you are blessed with a husband who obviously LOVES YOU TO PIECES. I have one of those too :). Love you BOTH!
Heaven and back!
Post a Comment