Wednesday, January 25, 2012


Let God Be Enough

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.  Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.  Matthew 6:33-34

This daily devotional was just what I needed to read.....HE is enough.
 
"Jesus said, “I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough.”
Not enough time, luck, credit, wisdom, intelligence.  We’re running out of everything, it seems, and so we worry!  But worry doesn’t work.
I challenge you to become a worry-slapper.

Do you procrastinate when a blood-sucking bug lights on your skin?  “I’ll take care of that in 
a moment.”  Of course you don’t!  You give the critter the slap it deserves. 
Don’t waste an hour wondering what your boss thinks.  Ask her.
Don’t assume you’ll never get out of debt.  Consult an expert.
Let God be enough!  He knows your needs.  Seek Him!  He will give you everything you need!" 


 For me lately I easily can name a few.... of the things, I have no time to do....  not enough time in the day, not enough of me (there needs to be two), not enough time for the you's in my life..the mugz or the blu =(, not enough weekdays to fit in the work, learning hours to fit in the teaching (not to mention a little fun). Not enough time to spend in my new home with the husband alone or even to go on a run......Just kidding, I'd walk, running isn't my thing. but it just wasn't working, it didn't sound right ;), but looking at the time reminds me....there's never enough sleep in the night. There's not enough weekends to rest the brain, or enough time to sit with the rain.  I need to do more, be better still but then I read this and I know that I will. I know that these things will all find their time and am thankful, (even if I am losing my mind) that God gave me some humor to laugh and to rhyme. 


My work in the day will have to be enough, you do what you can do in the time you're given. Lord YOU are more than enough for me.  

1 comment:

complete3photography@gmail.com said...

AWWW I needed that too! Thanks Kate for sharing.
-Kels