Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's a Blu Christmas...

 I haven't posted in a while.....can you tell that I am back to work =/. So this one's for you Kels! I am going to cover a few bases here. And I am a little out of sorts, so we will see if it makes sense ;)

Chicago starts this post...well, actually Chicago food does. I love food and believe we ate our way through the city. We ate the best deep dish pizza, some great cinnamon rolls and much more (all food network approved and researched by my husband. ) David says I am a fat girl in a skinny girls body....what can I say I just love a good eat. I would fly back to Chicago just for this bad boy...it's chilaquiles at XOCO by Rick Bayless,!!! to die for!  


Each year for the past 3 years David and I and our friends, Megan and Dustin, follow the Chargers to a city we've never been to. Our first trip was to Austin, Texas, Second year to Seattle Washington, and this year Chicago, Illinois! We had tons of fun! 

this was a church right on Magnificent Mile...the architecture was beautiful! 


At the top of the John Hancock building in the Signature Lounge. It has panoramic views of the city and you can enjoy a cocktail too. Breathtaking! 


We walked everywhere in this windy city!!! Wrigley Field was a must see. 

This was the view outside our room on Magnificent Mile...David loved this building, it's the Chicago Tribune. The history in this city is crazy. This building has stones from all over the world built into it's walls...from the grand canyon to the colosseum. It's the same building they use in the movie "The Dark Knight" too. 

The Chicago theater! 

this is an art piece in the middle of the city. This was on our walk to the game. "The Bean" is a mirrored bean that reflects you and the city scape around you...being a art person myself I loved this piece! 

At the game. Solider Field in one of the original NFL stadiums. (I know this because I am married to David =)...it was pretty cool. They built their new stadium 'inside the old' all while keeping the original architecture...pretty cool. 

David and Dustin....Chargers vs. Chicago Bears! 

Very cool stadium. However, being in Chicago I would recommend a few things to these stadium builders... either indoor stadium or heated seats...I mean FREEZING! It was right there with Minnesota cold but in Minnesota we never had a reason to stay outside for 3 1/2 hours. 


Do we look cold?!? The plus side is your beer is always a perfect chill..however by the time you bought your hot dog and got back to your seat, that was perfectly chilled too =/...I opted out of the beer and went for the hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps...yum! 

Signature Lounge at night...after the game! 

David kept trying to take pics of me. Since it was hard with the night focus he had to take a few...this is me losing my patience and asking(telling) him to give me the camera....of course that one turn out ok.  

David at his favorite spot in the room. We watched the Festival of Lights Parade from our window! 


Us. We love to travel but we really love.....
Being HOME!!!!! 
David and I are in love with our new home and are so thankful for it everyday. 
Taking our photos for the Christmas card I was telling David...this would be perfect if I were holding a little puppy in the picture too. We have been talking about getting a dog. Dogs just make a home...home. 

Eventually we want two. We figured David would choose his first (a lab/ golden or bulldog are his favs) and I had hoped David would go for mine later...(of course a great dane). I told David we could get his first then mine sometime later. 

Well I should know this by now, but my husband still amazes me...On last Tuesday he decided to give me my Christmas present early. I had no idea he was even thinking of getting a puppy right now or that it would be a dane for me. David waited on the back porch with his surprise. 

As I came home late from work, around 6, I noticed Amy's car was here...which I thought was odd since she told me earlier that day that she had to work. Coming through the garage door David had a dog bed, food and toys laid out...I didn't even notice because Amy was standing there with my camera and I went straight to questioning her, as to why she wasn't at work and what in the world she was doing here. 

Amy said "Kate will you just look around and read the card"....it read 
Katie, 
   Christmas had come early for you this year. I am so blessed to have you as my wife, and excited to have our new home together!...And now our first puppy =) Merry Christmas Babe! Love, David
P.S. I know he has big shoes to fill but he will love you with all his heart. 

Amy told me to go to the back porch. 

And I met our new boy! 

of course I was in tears...it was like holding my Maxi again! A feeling my heart had been missing...

David had gotten him a blue chew toy and collar, not to mention he is a Blue Great Dane with blue eyes...so because it is so fitting meet our boy "Blu". 

He is so much like Max in many ways but has his own personality too. 

He is in training right now. Learning something new each day! 
I talk to Max still, telling him to guide Blu to learn like he did. 
Time will tell if Blu will be the size of Max but I already know he has a bit of his spirit.
This boy had our hearts the moment we met him..... 
and I am now getting home from work when I should, around 4 =)

What can I say my heart belongs to Danes and of course my husband who never ceases to amaze me in all that he is. 
I am blessed and thankful for this Blu Blu Christmas.
 Thank you husband! 

3 comments:

Lee said...

Oh Blu... I already love you sooooo much! You have brought a bit of my sis back... posting again, leaving work on time, and a smile only a GREAT dane can put on her face!
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I had to go get the box of Kleenex before I could comment:) first chi town looks so fun and a city we have never been too! Looks like a must for the food alone! Umm the chargers play in Denver sometimes so you might have to do that trip too! I know some people who know some people that have a mountain house and wild turkey:)
BLU "I love you Blu" just a little quote from Old School;) seriously I have not seen a more beautiful puppy and you can just see Max in his eyes! He is going to be a wonderful family member! So many blessings and so heart warming to always see the love you two have for each other and everyone around you!
Love you!

Ps

Unknown said...

I am not sure why I put PS...I have issues:)