Sunday, March 7, 2010

Movin' on UP!

David and I said goodbye to our little apartment living and although I would like to announce that we said hello to our first home, we have moved on up to my mom's place until that time arrives....which is a nice familiar 'hello'=)

This welcome matt has seen it's number of visitors...traveling with us to Minnesota and then to Moreno Valley. When you have trouble making out the word 'welcome' you know it's seen one too many feets =) The time had come to say 'see ya' so a new one will take it's place at a new home one day. 
BYE 27695 apt 2041
no more parking space #59 and searching for another spot nearby when you get off work. 
Last time climbing the 'way out of breath bringin' in the groceries' stairs!!
The start of a week long of packing....(David did a couple boxes =/)
..while I took up the slack for him ! Just Kiddin' maybe 40/60%

I forgot my cam the 'move day' but we woke to buckets of rain....(that seemed to pour anytime we took a box outside.) Dave, Ricky and David did most all the heavy lifting and Kels, Amy and I packed more and helped where ever we could lifting too...thank you SO much for helping family, on a not so perfect weather moving day. We love you all mucho mucho! 
of course the day after the move the sun showed it's pretty face. Go stinkin' figure...God's plans compared to our plans make life interesting and make for a good laugh. 
The cleaning crew came back for day two. 
Thanks mom for the help....I have to say the fridge looked spotless!! (The manager came in to do an inspection on the place and Mom was pretty proud of the super clean fridge and oven she worked so hard on. When they didn't look there during the apt check, she was pretty ticked!! =/ ahaha sorry mom, but we know they looked great) 
we are outta here
and left some flowers as a 'welcome' to the next apt people =) 
As everyone completed their hard work they were given a 'Mayme/ Alfonso' sticker =) we found a sheet of these bad boys during packing. Amy was not to fond of the idea! 
AHAHA! Love you Mayms!
In the storage...and we are done! What a bunch of work this moving thing is. We are thankful for our move up to the bench again until we find a home. Thanks mom for giving us a room to rest in until that time comes. 
Owen did some movin' on up of his own.....all the way to 3 YEARS OLD!

The kids partied all night in celebration! 
What a nice treat after moving all day to come over to family, a birthday boy, homemade licious sketti and a hot cup of coffee. Thanks family! 
Can't believe he is 3 already. 
Such a cutie....I have decided Owen has to carry on his music talent as he gets older, it's just too cute. And I think he should be a surfer too =) (just sayin') !!!
and Kar....maybe a dancer =) 
ummm I think these two are already lost =) ahah nes kidding
Owen had to go get his tools at one point during the party. 
Finally a chance to rest!  
what a wonderful 'MOVIN' UP' weekend!! Thank you Lord for a birthday boy and the trust to follow your plans...

3 comments:

Lee said...

Good Bye Mo Val... Awooohoo! Those stairs were a B!$@*!!! =) Onto new things for two people we love so much!!!! YAY!!! It is kind of nice to be able to go and visit my whole family all at once =) LOVE YOU GUYS... and we look forward to a housewarming when God says so =)

Unknown said...

I bet your mom is so excited to have you guys for a bit...a blessing to save some money before you buy a house. I know you trust in god's timing.

Lovin all the pics as always, I'm telling you you need to start a little business. Maternity, baby, engagement, wedding, senior pictures...I think you could do it.

Love you!

The 4 Aguas! said...

Okay, the Mayme/Alfonso stickers are the BEST! :) I have to agree with Micah--you need to start your own photography business. People would pay big bucks for your talent. Just a thought--side job, you know! Love you!